BEVERLY HILLS, CA – APRIL 18, 2017 – Brook Power, an accomplished model and artist who grew up on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, has been named Playboy’s 2017 Playmate of the Year. She is featured on the cover of Playboy’s May/June 2017 issue as well as inside the magazine with an 11-page pictorial shot by French fashion and beauty photographer David Bellemere.
In celebration of Brook Power’s new title, she met with last year’s 2016 Playmate of the Year, Eugena Washington, for an intimate interview about Brook’s path to Playboy, the differences in modeling nude vs. non-nude, and what makes her feel beautiful.
“We’re excited to announce that Brook Power is our Playmate of the Year for 2017,” said Playboy Creative Director, Chris Deacon. “She is the epitome of a free-spirit – cool, creative and confident, all while balancing a unique personality with extraordinary beauty.”
Brook first appeared in Playboy as the magazine’s May 2016 Playmate of the Month. She is Playboy’s 58th Playmate of the Year, and the first Native American Playmate to be given the iconic title. Playboy named its first Playmate of the Year, Ellen Stratton, in 1960.
The May/June 2017 Playmate of the Year issue hits newsstands nationwide on April 25, 2017 and is available for download now at Playboy.com. Additional photos and video of Brook Power’s shoot can also be viewed at www.playboy.com/2017pmoy.
In addition, Playboy’s May/June 2017 issue will feature:
- The New Creatives: a special feature dedicated to eleven thought-provoking artists who are pushing the boundaries on beauty.
- Playboy Interview: featuring Ezra Klein, the founder of Vox.com, on fighting fake news, the toxicity of social media, and of course, Donald Trump.
- 20Q: with Kumail Nanjiani who opens up about his comedy, TV career and co-writing The Big Sick with his wife.
- May 2017 Playmate: Lada Kravchenko who hails from Russia, is a world-traveler who exudes an innocent and classic beauty.
- June 2017 Playmate: Elsie Hewitt is known as a road-warrior whose pictorial embraces the beauty of a desert landscape.
- Culture: an in-depth look on how Amnesty International – one of the largest human rights organizations in the world – is fighting the ongoing battle of decriminalizing sex work.
- Art: Scott Campbell, an A-list tattoo and fine artist, takes on the iconic Rabbit and recreates a 1968 Playboy magazine cover with March 2017 Playmate, Elizabeth Elam.
- Fiction: two installments featuring The Sparrow by Dennis Lehane and Monsters by Matthew Sharpe.
- Heritage: unpublished work by Andy Warhol is featured as part of Playboy’s rich history in the pop-art movement.
As is with every magazine, Playboy’s May/June 2017 issue also includes original content on topics such as a drug-fueled psychedelic renaissance in MDMA’s Long, Strange Trip, a geographic breakdown of nudity laws across the country, and manscaping and camgirls in Bridget Phetasy’s latest installment of the Playboy Advisor.
Download the full issue before it hits newsstands here.
# # #
About Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
Playboy is one of the most recognized and popular consumer brands in the world. Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a media and lifestyle company that markets the brand through a wide range of media properties and licensing initiatives. The company publishes Playboy magazine in the United States and licenses foreign editions of Playboy around the world; operates Playboy.com, a leading men’s lifestyle and entertainment site; and creates content for distribution via television networks, websites, mobile platforms and radio. Through licensing agreements, the Playboy brand appears on a wide range of consumer products in more than 180 countries, as well as retail stores and entertainment venues. For more information about Playboy Enterprises, please visit www.PlayboyEnterprises.com.