Playboy celebrates the first day of Summer, by introducing The Adventure Issue (#TheAdventureIssue) with July Playmate, Dana Taylor gracing the cover. From adventures around the world and into the wild, to a humorous trip through Trump’s America and the very best of Detroit’s nightlife with Kid Rock’s former guitarist, the July/August 2017 issue is full of culture and paradise. Planning a Summer getaway also just got easier with Instagram star Jack Morris, who offers solo travel tips and must-have essentials.
The Playboy Interview continues to be the intellectual centerpiece of the magazine and the July/August issue does not disappoint with an 8-page conversation with acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan. The man behind some of the most ambitious blockbusters opens up about his upbringing, fashion style while on set, filmmaking in Hollywood, what inspires him, and of course, his highly anticipated epic action thriller, Dunkirk, in theaters July 21.
Also tapping into one of the country’s most controversial issues, the July/August issue offers insights directly from the White House press room, the war against fake news, a deep look into Bill Nye’s fight for rationalism, and a story of innovation and immigration with an examination of Elon Musk’s Hyperloop.
Additional highlights of the July/August 2017 issue of Playboy magazine include:
- Playboy Philosophy: Cooper Hefner’s second installment covering the topic of feminism.
- 20Q: with actress Alison Brie on her nude scenes in Netflix’s upcoming series GLOW (premiering June 23), her wrestling moves, comedic charm, and staring in The Little Hours (premiering June 30).
- July Playmate: travel to a paradise found with Dana Taylor in an 11-page pictorial and centerfold shot in the crystal-blue waters of the Bahamas.
- August Playmate: after gracing the cover of the March 2013 issue, Liza Kei returns to Playboy now as a Playmate, with a sultry 11-page pictorial and centerfold
- Heritage: step into the World of Playboy with Hef’s Visual Diary as he shares his original cartoon drawings, stemming from 1941.
- Are You Experienced: Kid Rock’s former guitarist Kenny Olson joins Playboy to explore Detroit’s nightlife with the help of Airbnb.
- Fiction: two installments featuring She Got Away by M. Homes and The Disgruntled Americans by Frank Bill.
- Playboy Advisor: Bridget Phetasy on what to do when your man’s best friend turns you into a third wheel.
Playboy’s July/August 2017 issue is now available for download at Playboy.com and on newsstands nationwide on June 27, 2017.