The January/February 2014 60th anniversary double issue features Kate Moss in an unprecedented 18-page pictorial and cover appearance photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
In addition to its much-buzzed about Kate Moss pictorial, Playboy’s 60th anniversary issue delivers the outstanding journalism and award-winning content the magazine is known for, with a unique mix of essays, articles, fiction and interviews. Highlights from the milestone issue include:
– Essays from playwright David Mamet, tech pioneer Jaron Lanier, philosopher Slavoj Zizek, experimental fiction king Mark Leyner, novelist Rick Moody, Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Buzz Bissinger, Buzzfeed Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith, acclaimed environmental expert Alex Hall, and legendary comedian Gilbert Gottfried
– Sex: A Very Oral Report: A panel of 12 feminists—including Erica Jong, Naomi Wolf, Jane Pratt, Aisha Tyler, Natasha Leggero, and Dr. Ruth—speak about the best and worst of sexual liberation in modern America
– The Dead Letter File: 60 years of archived correspondence to come over the transom, including letters from Bertrand Russell, Hunter S. Thompson, Ronald Reagan, Ian Fleming, Lenny Bruce, Truman Capote and William S. Burroughs
– Playboy, Magazine Ads and the Original Mad Man: George Lois examines 60 years of the most creative and downright peculiar ads to have run in the magazine
– The Playboy Interview with Ben Affleck; 20Q with Patton Oswalt; an exclusive comic from Joe Casey; new fiction from B.J. Novak and Don Wislow; and the magazine’s 60th anniversary Playmate
Playboy’s 60th anniversary edition is available digitally on iPlayboy.com and on newsstands across the country starting Friday, December 6. Exclusive outtakes and video from the shoot will also be available on www.playboy.com/katemoss as of Friday, December 6.
Click here to subscribe.
Click here to view Playboy’s 2014 Media Kit.